Actim PROM rapid test
Detect pramature rupture of fetal membranes
Actim PROM rapid test detects PROM (Premature Rupture of Fetal Membranes) outstandingly reliably, even before any clinically visible signs can be detected. The test is based on highly specific monoclonal antibodies that bind to the insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) present in a vaginal sample.
Actim PROM test is fast and accurate rapid test: it gives reliable results in minutes, even in the presence of blood or other interfering substances, making the test suitable for all women with suspected PROM. The test detects even non-visible ruptures in fetal membranes, which enables that correct treatment can be started early.
Pros and facts
- With Actim PROM, medical attention can be directed to patients who need it in a timely manner
- Unnecessary use of medication and their side effects can be avoided
- With Actim PROM, unrequired labor inductions are minimized
- Avoidable hospital visits and patient transfers are reduced
- Actim PROM brings peace of mind to expecting mothers
- The test can be performed at any gestational age
- Actim PROM is an easy-to-use one-step dipstick test
- Thee test results at the bedside in just 5 minutes, with sampling completed in seconds – with or with-out speculum
- The test results are not affected by blood, semen, urine, vaginal medications, bathing products, or infections
- The test kit contains all the materials required to perform the test and it can be stored at room temperature
Product is available in the following countries: