Molecular identification of Sepsis causing species in hours directly from whole blood
T2 Biosystems is focused on addressing critical unmet needs in healthcare starting with sepsis, one of the deadliest and most expensive conditions in hospitals today.
With T2 Magnetic Resonance (T2MR) technology the most challenging sepsis pathogens can be reliably identified from whole blood.
CE-marked/FDA-cleared T2Dx® Instrument is a fully automated, walk away, clinical multiplex benchtop diagnostic system capable of running tests directly from whole blood with random access.
- Rapid results: Species-specific results in 3 to 5 hours with no up-front sample preparation
- Easy to operate: Fully automated system with minimal hands-on time; a sample tube and a reagent tray snap onto a cartridge, which is then inserted into the instrument
- Performs with 4 mL whole blood: No blood culture is required to receive T2 identification results for targeted pathogens
- Random access: 7 individual, random access drawers can be loaded at any time. No batching is required.
- Simple user interface: User-friendly touchscreen display provides step-by-step text and illustrative prompts that guide the operator to load a sample, all in 10 minutes or less
- One instrument, multiple tests: The T2Dx Instrument runs the FDA-cleared and CE-marked T2Bacteria and T2Candida Panels as well as CE-marked T2Resistance Panel
Product is available in the following countries: